Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ice Cream Social


Miss Tippie notified me last week that Curt has a girlfriend! Her name is Maggie and Curt loves her. From the photo, it seems the feeling is mutual.

If you're the Mom of a child who does not have MERLD (Mixed Expressive/Receptive Language Disorder), this may not be very exciting. On the other hand, if you have had people suggest your child is Autistic because of lack of play with peers, it's pretty damn big.

Curt's class is having an ice cream party today for the kids who know (and speak) their phones numbers. Curt prefers strawberry, thank you very much!

We're going back to Vanderbilt to see the Camarata's March 8 for a follow-up visit. They will tell us when to expect Curt to "normalize" or catch-up in his speech. I am anxious and excited about this.

He is growing by leaps and bounds -- both socially and academically. But, his favorite person to kiss is still Mommy.

8 comments:

Missy said...

That is just the cutest, most sweet thing ever. How adorable!!

Hey, how long will you be here? Long enough to grab a bite to eat with some a fellow LT family?? :) If you're not scared of us, that is. HA!

Jeanna said...

I think we're going to come up Sunday afternoon, so maybe we could work that out! I'd love to meet you!

Let me talk to my husband and see if I can convince him to meet any new people. He's not quite as outgoing as I am! :)

Missy said...

I totally get that! :) We're here if you do want to meet up - just email me. :) If he's a little "shy" (lol), just let it slide - no biggie!!

Jeanna said...

He's from Alabama, so it's not really his fault. :) I want to meet you! Let's work on it....

Ange said...

This is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I know you're going to have a great visit. Wish I could be there.

Yay, Curt!! You are one fantastic kid. And you have a really great mom, too.

Jeanna said...

Missy, we're on! Ange, any chance you can be in Nashvegas on March 7?

Love you guys. You are my rock(s).

Suzanne said...

So glad to see and read this!

甜蜜滋味 said...

生活總是起起伏伏,心情要保持快樂才好哦!!........................................