Monday, February 9, 2009

Things that Make Me Feel Old

1. Putting Curt to sleep at 9 p.m. -- and falling asleep with him.

2. Trying to explain to our student worker what those pieces of tissue are in our files. "They would sit at the typewriter -- no computer -- and type the letter. They would tear this off for the file. Yes, it's the original carbon copy!"

3. Thinking kids can't spell and have a harder time in school because they have too much stuff! If you have three television channels, you learn to love to read!

4. My friends are becoming grandmothers when I have a four-year-old (actually, that one just makes me tired).

5. Winters now are unbearably cold. Is it because I am older, thinner, or both?

6. When we have warm days (yeah!), my first thought is, "Great! Lower electric bill!"

7. Zits and haircolor -- at the same time. Nuff said.

8. Comfortable shoes outweigh pointy-toed trends every time.

9. Not only is the television always too loud, but I only run the dishwasher at night!

10. Actually reading my social security benefits statement when it arrives in the mail.

No comments: