Monday, February 16, 2009

Back Talk

When Curt had his ear infection, the antibiotics really hurt his stomach. He had diarrhea and his 100% potty record kind of went out the window. We're working to get him back on track.

His morning, I was getting ready for work in the bathroom. He got out of bed and came in for his morning tinkle. As he was walking back to the bedroom, I said, "Curt, you tell Mommy if you have to poo-poo." He stopped, turned around, looked at me and said, "Mommy, I go night-night," and went back into the bedroom.

The little boy who I worried may never say 'Mommy' can now spell it aloud. 'Daddy', too.

__________

ETA: He is now spelling Colter, Nana and Pop aloud with very little assistance. I thought if I wrote the words down on paper first, it would be easier (duh!).

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay on the backsass! Boo on the ear infection.

Coyote Bebop said...

When he gets to be 14, he's gonna read these and be like, "Mom. Dude...EMBARASSING!"...

...then he'll run off to his college classes.

.

Penny said...

Pro-biotics will help put good gut bugs back into his tummy after the number the antibiotics did on his gut flora...