Monday, February 2, 2009

The List

Sorry it's been so long. The weather and economy are getting me down. So many of my friends and family still don't have power.

Anyway, instead of discussing poop and failing grades, I thought it would be fun to do something different today!

1. My favorite book is "To Kill a Mockingbird." I've read it at least 20 times.

2. I was offered a Presdential scholarship to the university in my home state. I didn't go.

3. I cannot eat things that do not traditionally belong together -- such as pineapple on a pizza. It usually involves sweet things. I prefer salty things.

5. I was in a sorority in college.

6. I began talking at nine months old, but did not walk until I was a year old. My first word was 'dog.'

7. I was one of the very youngest in my class. I did well academically, but was immature socially. I cried a lot.

8. I have had many friends over the years, but keep in contact with very few of them. Well, that is, until Facebook.

9. I am frugal, bordering on cheap in many ways. I am aghast at the cost of food, but buying wine does not bother me.

10. I was head majorette and cheerleader captain in high school. I went to a very small high school.

11. My job is very important to me and reflects my self-worth.

12. I think I could eat pizza every day.

13. Several of my best friends consider me to be the most honest person they know (in a good way).

14. I am left-handed and couldn't use regular (i.e., right-handed) scissors until high school. My mom had to get me the special "left-handed" ones.

15. I am terrible at driving in reverse. I think it is because I am left-handed.

16. I went to Europe in the late 1980s. It's the only time I've been.

17. My favorite place is the beach. I also love seafood.

18. I didn't think I could have children and quit trying. Curt was born two years later, a complete surprise.

19. I have been at my job 17 years. I've never done anything that long.

20. I was deathly afraid of the dark when I was young, probably because my dad would jump out of dark halls to scare me.

21. Hence, I still jump (and sometimes scream) when people come into a room unannounced.

22. I wanted to be an actress or a writer when I was a little girl.

23. I am a Christian, but not very religious and certainly not church-y. I believe in the separation of church and state.

24. My parents started dating when they were 14.

25. I've only had one cavity, but I did have braces.

2 comments:

mary eva said...

My first cavity was when I was 39.
I'm embarrassed to say I was genuinely upset.

Very happy to have had braces. The day I got them off ranks among the happiest of my life.

Jeanna said...

My cavity was at 19.

We had braces at the same time! Yes, glad to have had them, but very glad to get them off my teeth.