Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Freedom

I'm getting emails (forwards, of course) from "friends" about the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). They are outraged and request my help in stopping this blasphemy!

Do they not know me at all?

Apparently not, because if they did, they would know that I am and have always been, pro-choice.

The copy in these emails is scary and designed to provoke knee-jerk reactions. The talk of 13-year-olds getting abortions and Catholic hospitals losing federal funding if they refuse to perform them.

So, I've begun reading up on ole' FOCA, in the hopes that I learn what its really all about and have an intelligent response.

. . . . . . .

Expect more regular posting now that the honeymoon phase is over with Facebook. I enjoy it, but it's like making small talk at a cocktail party when you would really prefer to hang out with your best friend, drinking wine and talking until 2 a.m.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Welcome back! I'm cooling off to, thank goodness. It was a little touch-and-go there for a while. Looking forward to more on this and other topics.

*Ange* Life in the PS said...

And now I know what Coyote was talking about.