Thursday, October 9, 2008

The West Tennessee Funk -- with photos!

I went to the walk-in clinic Monday before my trip to southwest Tennessee to speak to a Rotary Club.

And may I say I HATE that? I hate public speaking. I have improved over the years, but I still hate it with a passion.
I digress, as I have a tendency to do.

The diagnosis was what I already knew. Another sinus infection. My third in four months. Apparently, I am not alone. The NP I see deemed it "The West Tennessee Funk." It seems for those of us who have allergy problems, those will irritate the sinuses. When germs come a-calling, they don't leave. They multiply! I haven't missed work, but I'm sure my co-workers would like to hear less hacking. I know, don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Since my first sinus infection in July, I seem to have lost 7 pounds. The stress diet.

There's the bad. I'm posting these photos of Curt from last weekend. They make me feel better.

The petting zoo.
Curt, LT, and a camel. (Thanks to LT for watching him while I was in a meeting!)

As you may remember from his birthday party, he loves this shit.

See those circles under his eyes? Allergies, too. Zyrtec every day. Poor baby.


Face-painting.



Last year, he would have NEVER let anyone paint his face. This year, he asked for it and stayed perfectly still, enjoying it. That's my boy.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Such sweet pictures, Jeanna. Curt is a doll!

Suzanne said...

You have a beautiful boy--and he's looking so grown up!

*Ange* Life in the PS said...

Sorry about the dang allergies, and I hope the airwaves clear up for you soon, but thanks for sharing the awesome pictures of Curt!
Put a smile on my face.
Especially seeing how happy he was to get his face painted.

MamaBear said...

OH.MY.GOSH - I think this is the first time I have seen a picture of precious little Curt. What an absolutely adorable little boy.