Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stepmonster

He is a good kid. He is, for the most part, respectful.

His grades are atrocious. He doesn't seem to care. (?!?) My parents were completely anal about this. I only made one C between K-12. Of course, I also CARED.

I've known him since he was five years old (He's now 13.)

His Dad (Cowboy) is so excited to finally see him play football. What he's heard about for years. We were only able to see one game ever until this year.

His Dad has missed out on a lot.

Unfortunately, we did not "receive" him in 3rd or 4th grade, when he was A/B honor roll. We got him now. And, it ain't A/B.

I'm worried to death about him.

He is grounded. No cell phone, which is his life line. When we see progress, that may change.

Everyone is on his side. He is the one who needs to get on board.
.
.
.

On a lighter note, Curt's PT is going much better than I expected. At least as far as #1 goes. Number 2 is a different story. Dr. B said if we don't see vast improvement in the next week, he has an addendum to his plan. Oh, goody. I can hardly wait. (But Dr. B praised him Friday at his appointment) Curt is really doing well.

Hey, just another day in paradise. Is it hard to believe that five years ago, I had no children?

Yeah, me too.

3 comments:

Coyote Bebop said...

Change is hard at 13.

I had one semester of straight "F"s.

Stick to it.

.

Suzanne said...

Bright side: I've been told, repeatedly, that boys are easier than girls.

And, although I have no experience rearing a girl? The older I get, the more I believe it.

Jeanna said...

Bizzy, really? Everyone, and I mean, everyone, says girls are easier than boys! Wazzup with that?