Monday, September 15, 2008

Potty Training Boot Camp -- Day 4

That's today.

Let's review, shall we?

Friday - one pee less than 50%
Saturday -- also one pee less than 50%
Sunday -- 100% (pee only)
Today -- 1 for 1...so far

Positive reinforcements -- claps, hugs, high fives, sucker
Negative reinforcement -- time-out (per Dr. B)

He had three bowel movements yesterday. We're not really even focusing on that yet, as all I've heard is that the pee has to come first. Oh well. Sh!t happens.

I will be taking him to preschool tomorrow with several changes of clothes. Any and all good thoughts would be appreciated.

ETA: We were also 100% today (with one poo - may I add that is just gross? I'm not above giving a tiny shot of Imodium, and I do have it in my cabinet. At least then, it will be hard. Geez.)

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good luck! I wish I had words of wisdom for you. I realize now I have very little recollection of Chase's potty training. The memories probably got obliterated by the big Sh!t Storm of '08 named Tallulah.

*Ange* Life in the PS said...

I remember!

That nearly broke me. I was a humble woman afterwards.

I used to hide outside the door while he sat on the pot, then spring into the room and say "Boo". Or do something funny, so he'd sit there laughing.
Sometimes I'd hold his hands and beg.
Eventually I made up a song.
I think it went...
"I said a poop poop poopy poopy poopee? I said a poop poop poopy poop poopy." Repeat and repeat, dancing and making funny faces.
I would sing this song if I heard a fart.

I would really shower on the praise if I heard a fart in the toilet.

Getting frustrated just made it worse. I found him hiding from me under his bed once. Poop in his underpants.

Good luck, sister.
Maybe I'll video the song one of these days, and make Jack sings it with me. It's kind of a rap song, really.
Hm.
*We're still dealing with streaks from time to time.
And that's just with TOM!

IT NEVER ENDS.

(I might be a little bit evil for sharing so much.)

Jeanna said...

"And that's just with Tom!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I remember you saying this was hard on you. How old was Jack when he was pee trained? Poo trained? What about Pickles?

And....when are you coming back?

I'm glad you shared (all of it!)

I hope Curt is having a good day at school.

Coyote Bebop said...

Jack's going to hear that song, 30 years old, at a business meeting,....

Sandra Ree said...

All three of mine were different. I wish you all the luck!

Jann said...

I remember thinking it would NEVER happen. It seems like so much, first the late talking, then your friends' kids are all potty trained before yours...

I remember also REALLY losing my temper with my son, which I still feel bad about.

But it WILL happen, and when it's done, you'll find it hard to believe it was such an issue!

Good luck and hang in there!

MamaBear said...

Jann is right. You will laugh about all this real soon. I thought Kyle would never ever poop on the potty.

I mean it, one of these days we are going to sit back and think "why in the world did I stress about this so bad?"

I wish I had me on tape singing the potty dance song. LOL