Friday, September 12, 2008

The Food Meme

After completing this, I realize how non-evolved I am about food. I was a pudgy kid (see the "Warthog" entry). I lived to eat. Now, I just eat to live.

1. How do you like your eggs?
I like eggs cooked many ways. Poached, fried, scrambled, omelettes, hard-boiled. If they are scrambled, they must be dry. (Right, Bizzy?)

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
I take my coffee with cream and my tea, iced with sweet and low (remember, I'm a Southern gal.)

3. Favorite breakfast food:
Ummm, bacon. English muffins. I heart most all breakfast foods.

4. Peanut butter:
Creamy. I like Peter Pan or Jif.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
I never ate a salad until college because I didn't like any dressings. Ranch is my first love and the only one I could stomach for years. I will now eat fancy, smancy vinaigrette at functions -- but I would rather have ranch.

6. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet Coke. And more of it.

7. You’re feeling lazy. What do you make?
If I'm really lazy, I'm not making anything. Rarely happens these days.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Here in BFE, we don't even have Domino's. We have small business pizza that is really good. I order that. Pepperoni and mushroom is my favorite.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Homemade spaghetti, lasagna, smothered steak, chili, chicken and rice. Something new.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
Deviled eggs and lemon iced box pie from Christmas at Honey's (my grandmother).

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Baked beans, when my Dad forced me to eat them.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
See #10. Also, the smothered steak, my mom.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Refuse is a strong word, but I hate slaw. And mustard potato salad. See above for baked beans. Also, I don't like catfish. I'm SOL at a picnic.

14. What was your favorite food as a child?
Pop Tarts or pudding. My mom's smothered steak with creamed potatos (NOT mashed, there is a difference.)

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
Many. Salads, for instance. I will also eat more vegetables.

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
Nope. Still like the junk.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Ok, still hate melons. I like Granny Smith apples and grapes. I like broccoli and cauliflower, fresh, and I love fresh spinach on a salad.

18. Favorite junk food:
All of it.

19. Favorite between meal snack:
Chips, I don't really have a sweet tooth, except at certain times of the month.

20. Do you have any weird food habits?
I don't like my foods to touch each other on the plate. When I was a kid, I used to eat one food on my plate at a time, starting with the least favorite so I could savor the favorite at the end.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
Cheddar rice cakes, yogurt. I don't really diet anymore.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like?
PIZZA. Cheeseburgers. Fries.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
No such restaurant in BFE. I don't think I could cook it, either. Curry smells like b.o. to me.

24. Can I get you a drink?
Yep.

25. Red or White Wine?
Most of the time, white. However, merlot with a good steak. ummm.

26. Favorite dessert?
Chocolate or cheesecake. Or Creme Brulee.

27. The perfect nightcap?
The smell of Curt's head...or a shot of my special cough medicine.

3 comments:

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Your food meme, your profile and, my goodness-the Beans, Beans post were all very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne said...

Right on with that egg thing. I think I might do this me-me, it's interesting.

Brenda said...

LOL...curry smells like b.o. to me, too! (Although I do like it.)