Friday, August 22, 2008

Here's to the Crazy Ones

I saw this quote on drowning in kids. Great quote, great blog.

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as crazy, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
- Jack Kerouac -

Zelda Fitzgerald watercolor, "A Mad Tea Party" (She is one of my favorite crazies.)

These are the people I like the best.

4 comments:

Estharth said...

Wow,.... I actually didn't realize Zelda Fitzgerald painted ! This might be a major "duh" on my part, but I read a biography many years ago on her - just picked it up off a bookshelf. I found it interesting. I wish I still had it , and had fogotten all about her. All I remember was she went through a strange period of ballet in France. Now I will look her up again.

Coyote Bebop said...

Wow. A Jack K. quote that I like!!

Fresh.

Thanks, pet, love the quote, and it's darn good meaning!

Suzanne said...

I can't believe I didn't know you were a Zelda fan. I love FS FJ's Have we talked about this? I don't think so. I have a great paperback biography on her around here somewhere. If I find it, and you haven't read it already, I'll send it along.

Jeanna said...

I picked up this bio "Zelda" at a yard sale in 1988. I was sold, then and there.

She and Jim Morrison are my favorite crazies. However, I felt I needed a few shots (in 1986) to read the Morrison bio. I had to *feel* the lizard king. har.