Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Maybe Longer?

One doesn't want to leave. He wants to stay. He wants to live here.

He proclaimed it loudly and clearly. He wants to live here. We went back to the lake yesterday to meet my SIL and BIL and their two kids. They came up for a couple of days and will take C1 back tomorrow with them. C1 asked SIL to talk to his mom with him.

He was four when we met, five when we married. He was not impressed as a little guy about another woman in Dad's life (as anyone can imagine). He told me then, "I don't love you."

He loves me now. He tells others, "Kay is good to me." Kay is what Cowboy calls me, a shortening of my middle name.

He seems to mean this. He was little (seven?) the last time he said it. It is exciting, scary, and certain to change our lives. I believe in a good way. I asked him, "So, you want to do this even though Curt may bug you?" He replied, "Him bugging me wouldn't bother me. He needs a big brother." Perhaps C1 needs a little one as well.

We explained to him that his mom may be very upset when he talks to her. She recently went through another divorce. She is struggling. He understood.

I don't know what will happen. I feel his Mom will convince him otherwise. But, the fact that he wants this means a lot to his Dad, and to me.

Good luck, C1. Godspeed.

2 comments:

Coyote Bebop said...

Godspeed.

Ange (formerly Writer Mom) said...

Tough one.
I hope everyone ends up with a happy conclusion.

Knowing he loves you is pretty huge.
Congrats on that.