Friday, August 1, 2008

I Heart Brett Favre

I'm not a big football fan. There, I said it.

I like college basketball a lot. I like college football, but, unlike some people I live with who shall remain nameless, cannot watch it all the live long day. I cannot start my day at 9:00 am with ESPN's College Game Day and still be at it at 10:00 p.m., watching teams from the West Coast.

I don't really like professional football. Men earning $50 million a year and yet, they complain. Most pro-football players act like really, really big babies. Or buttheads. Tom Brady, anyone?

Ok, there are a few I like. That Bus guy. The Manning brothers. Peyton may as well be the governor of this state. Tennessee men dream "What if he were to come to the Titans?" with that look on their face they had when Daddy gave them their first puppy.

Then, there's Brett. I love Brett because he's...

1. Damn good-looking.
2. Not 23 years old.
3. Southern (with Southern manners)
4. Loves his family.
5. Kicks butt in the face of adversity.
6. Not afraid to cry.
7. Plays for the Pack who are owned by the citizens of the city.
8. We're talking Wisconsin, the land of beer and cheese. I also heart beer and cheese.
9. Donated millions back to the community.
10. A Team Player.
11. Damn good-looking.

And, if you think I am crazy for Brett, men like Cowboy and Flack and Proud aren't afraid to show their love for #4, either.

Brett, if the Pack don't want you back, come on over to my house.

2 comments:

t2ed said...

I've heard the tears of Brett Favre actually ended the drought in Georgia. I haven't confirmed this though.

Please, Brett, come be a Lion. The last championship they won was in 1957. I wasn't even a zygote then.

Coyote Bebop said...

I used to work in sports radio, years ago. I'm not AT ALL a sports fan, but I totally dig the Brett.

He's a good fella.