Monday, June 2, 2008

Brief Update

on a few things...

Curt has started speaking in 2-word sentences! Ok, he's not what I would call a chatterbox just yet, but we are making great strides. He returned to his former SLP last week for the summer. She was amazed by his progress in the last six months.

Cowboy is down to the final "step" in the process of re-hiring at his old company. He already has 10 years service toward retirement, so this could be a good thing....with benefits.

This additional anxiety medication the Doc prescribed is in my office desk drawer, unused. It had the opposite effect intended. I thought my heart would jump out of my chest. IT WAS VERY, VERY BAD!

My boss returned today from a two-week vacation. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

As hard as it is sometimes to handle "Lake World" with the wild little man, pictures like these are a reminder of how much he loves it there and what great memories he’ll have someday.




3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute photos! thanx for the update!

Ange (formerly Writer Mom) said...

Great pictures. He's so cute.

Thanks for the update. I've been so behind, it's very convenient for me to pop in and see how it's going.

Been thinking of your little guy. Jack's about to finish first grade on Friday, and I just can't believe how stress free this year was. How fast it went. How much of a boy he has become. If you get the chance, go check out the pictures of him on Flickr with the pig. I swear, all day with my parents, my mom kept saying, "He reminds me sooo much of your brother," which was weird because I'm so used to having discussion always be about his late talking, and now it's about WHAT A TYPICAL BOY HE IS. (He's really into fart jokes.)

I hope Cowboy gets hired in.

I hope you're doing well.

I'm a medicine-phobe, so you've got my support if something wasn't feeling right. Of course, that's been the motto since 2003 for me.

Wish you could come in September for the Heart Walk party.

Coyote Bebop said...

Great photos.

I still speak in two word sentences..usually with at least ONE expletive.

Been having some anxiety issues m'self. I'm not a good pill person. I'm not AGAINST them, just don't like them for me.

I find that most anxiety comes from fear; fear of _________. I ask m'self, "What am I afraid of?" Then, I face that fear..in any way that is safe and harmless, but not phobic. One of the best 'quick fix' tricks that I use is the question, "What's the worst that could happen?" I ask it, then, I usually laugh at how ridiculous my fear sounds.

Be at peace.

"Live every day, as if it were your last...AND your first." -- Some Crazy Old Indian Fella That I Know