Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mother's Little Helper

“Life's just much too hard today
I hear ev'ry mother say
The pursuit of happiness just seems a bore
And if you take more of those
you will get an overdose
No more running for the shelter
of a mother's little helper"
Rolling Stones, 1965

I returned to the OB/GYN last week and told her the anxiety medication was not working unless it was meant to *cause* anxiety. In that case, it was da bomb.

We discussed scheduling my upcoming 6-month mammogram follow-up, etc. As she was leaving, I asked if she was going to try something else for anxiety. She replied, "I could give you something like Xan*x to take when you really need something."

At that point, I fessed up. I told her my mother had a prescription for years and that she had given me a few in the past for my nerves. I told her I would take one-half and that it did help.

She wrote me a prescription. With refills. I must seem pretty batty.

Thankfully, Mick and Keith were referring to the prescription drug Nembutal, a popular drug at the time, and not Xan*x (at least according to Wikipedia, heh.)

2 comments:

Coyote Bebop said...

After that warthog story....

Just remember, babe, you are fine, your boy is fine. The world is the one that's all cattywompous.

Suzanne said...

Better living thru chemistry.

It's a Good Thing.