Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Prefer the Term "Frugal"


I am very proud for my friend, Bizzy, who recently -- out of sheer determination -- added some lovely items to her decor for mere pennies on the dollar. However, I will admit, I'm a tad competitive.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to peruse a particular consignment shop for the first time. I left with the following:

1 pair boy's Carter's pants
1 pair boy's Faded Glory jeans
1 pair boy's OshKosh pants
1 pair boy's Carhartt jeans
1 boy's Ralph Lauren t-shirt
1 boy's Ralph Lauren polo shirt
1 Rafella women's tank (black and cream...quite lovely)
1 women's GAP t-shirt
1 women's Old Navy polo shirt
1 St. John's Bay polo shirt
1 pair women's Banana Republic capris
...(most expensive purchase -- a whopping $5)
1 baby blue earring/bracelet set

TOTAL: $19.67 (including tax)

I think I'll go back.

(Insert smug grin here.)
Love ya, Bizzy!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

NO-freaking-WAY!!!! [insert frustrated stomp here].

If I didn't know better, I might think some of that stuff was hustled out of the store in a, oh I don't know, big purse maybe?

hehehee...

AMAZING.

Coyote Bebop said...

i ONLY shop at thrift stores.

Can't see paying $50 for jeans that I will surely destroy.

$50 at a thrift store is like a WHOLE WARDROBE.

Ange (formerly Writer Mom) said...

Well done!

I say you win.