Monday, April 7, 2008

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tommorow!

I'm really looking forward to my appointment. I had to close my door and cry in my office again today. I'm beginning to feel like Holly Hunter in "Broadcast News." (One of my favorite movies, even though I think James L. Brooks acts shitty at the end.)

I think this job has more to do with my current state than I realized last week. The constant badgering and distrust one day, love-fest I'm the best think in the world the next would take its toll on anyone, I think. It's upsetting, even if you know the truth.

I ain't Brad, but I ain't bad. I'm doing the best I can. It's never good enough.

5 comments:

Coyote Bebop said...

Good Luck.

Ange (formerly Writer Mom) said...

Lot of people going through the same shit at the same time makes for an excess of craziness. Short tempers. Irrationality. Not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt. Paranoid delusions. (What a fun list! I keep going and going and going...)
Feels like it's been building since 2001 and I'd really love it to all go back to the grunge 90s for awhile, when it just didn't seem like we had to worry about so much at the same time with so little support.
That would be nice.

What Coyote said.

Brenda said...

Hang in there, Jeanna. This too shall pass.

Jeanna said...

Well, it was the late 80s for me, kicking it up to "Pretty in Pink" et al. Same diff. Ah, simpler times.

ChristaD said...

Hang in there, Jeanna. We're pulling for you. I always thought things would be much simpler at our age. What a joke!