Sunday, April 20, 2008

Home Again

Cowboy returned home yesterday evening. Today, we decided to go to the Lake, where we looked at a cabin and let Curt spend an hour doing his most favorite activity: throwing rocks!

I wish I could express adequately how Curt's boost in speech makes me feel. When I was gone, he began to say, "Love You." Of course, he said it to his babysitter and her family, but it's great nontheless. I have been training him to say this for months. My little independent thinker. He has been telling me this since I returned. Dammit, I love it.

I know it may sound silly, but to hear him count to 10 (or even 20) and say his alphabet makes me want to cry. He's not yet 4 (July 22) and he didn't really talk at all until he was 3+.

He gives the best hugs and kisses (albeit sloppy) in the world. When I am with him all day with no break, I want to escape. But, when I am away from him for one day, I want him back so badly.

Same goes for Cowboy. We called each other 15 times the last 24 hours we were away from one another. I told him maybe we should spend more time apart. To miss each like we did this time.

It's good to be home.

2 comments:

Coyote Bebop said...

Throwing rocks is meditative.

Ange (formerly Writer Mom) said...

Yeah, I love this picture.
Made me think of so many I've taken of Tom and Jack.

Can't help noticing the similarities. Sorry! I know he's his own person, but there are so many shared gifts, someone should be writing it all down for a REVISED form of testing.