Monday, March 17, 2008

Tax Man

To re-cap the weekend, we did set up the camper and we did drink copius amounts of adult beverages, so I vote complete success! Curt was happy to see me and vice versa.

Today, friends, is tax day. The day Cowboy and I sit down with the accountant, who gives us an idea of what to expect. It took a long time to gather up all the receipts and information. It takes a lot longer if you are a dumb-ass and lose three of your most important receipts. You then are forced to call those financial institutions and 1.) Admit you are a dumb-ass, and 2.) Request them to fax you that information because you are seeing your accountant today.

Whew. I'm glad I know nothing of that.

Cowboy started his business after we sold the poultry farm last year. (We raised 132,000 chickens, six times a year. Ok, I'm using the universal "we." The chicken farm is a post in itself for another time.)

I digress. Anyone who has started a business knows it takes a while for people to know you're out there, advertising or not. Cowboy started his business and had a $5,000 breakdown the first week. That being said, I'm not too worried about owing more taxes.

But I always feel better after this is completed.

"Tax Man" by The Beatles
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nin'teen for me
Cause I'm the Tax Man
Yea I'm the Tax Man


ETA: I stuffed the "lost" receipts in the envelope that contained my W4 so I wouldn't "lose" them. The accountant pulled them out at the meeting. Dumb-ass again, but at least this one is getting a nice refund.

1 comment:

Coyote Bebop said...

Glad that you had a good time camping.

Sorry about the taxman.