Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Got Glue?

This week, Curt has been repeatedly counting and spelling...out loud. He has counted aloud before (up to 20), but has never really said his ABC's using words. He spells his name on the computer all the time (logs in to game).

This morning, when I dropped him off at pre-school, his teacher told me they made crafts yesterday, using paintbrushes to put glue on pre-cut paper objects to attach to construction paper. Something Easter-ish, I presume. Anyway, Curt began to get a little (lot?) messy with the glue, so they took it from him. They tried to convince him using only the paintbrush itself was just as fun. He wasn't buying it. Then, from seemingly nowhere, he said, "I want glue" and repeated it several times.

(Note that he did not throw a tantrum. He did not try to hit. He used his words. He used his words!)

Those three little words make me almost as happy as three other little words I now believe I'll hear sometime in the near future.

3 comments:

Ange (formerly Writer Mom) said...

Makes me smile.

Before you know it, he'll be giving you a long list of things he wants or doesn't want, and while other parents take this for granted, you'll smile all the way through it until one day you'll be thinking, "I can't believe I ever used to worry that this kid would never be able to argue with me."

(hug for Curt)

Brenda said...

Wonderful!!!

Coyote Bebop said...

Ditto what Ange, and Brenda said!

AND,

Just for future reference;

Whenever I use glue, I end up looking like a 'slimed' Ghostbuster.

Seriously, last time I crafted, it was in my hair...

...MY HAIR!!

HOW THE HELL...?!?!?