Saturday, March 1, 2008

Meeting Cowboy IV


Cowboy and Semi, Hubs, 1999. Taken the night in mention below. (Please, please(!) overlook the overall shorts. What was I thinking?!?)

Ok, back to business...

I was confused. His marriage was over, he said. What brought this about? I didn't have to wait long to find out.

He called me two days later. They had come back to Tennessee together (all three of them) and made it about 45 minutes from "home" until they stopped at a hotel. They fought they entire time. He tried to go to work the next morning and wrecked as a woman having a heart attack crossed the line.

(signs, signs, everywhere signs...)

It was not going to work out. They fought so much, Cowboy, Jr. (four at this time), cried at them both to stop.

He wanted to see me. I desperately wanted to see him. I shouldn't. This whole thing was a mess. I told him I was going out to Hub's with a girlfriend. I couldn't deal with it.

Several (many?) drinks later, he walked in. It was over, he told me. He told her about us (against my advice). It seemed a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and everything would be okay now. If only it were that simple.

No comments: