Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jackson

Tuesday, Jackson, Tennessee was hit, yet again, by devastating tornados. Union University had damage to 80 percent of its campus and is closed for at least three weeks. Rescue squads had to uncover students from a building that collapsed around them. It is an absolute miracle no one was killed on this campus. Below is a link to a short video of the devastation and an interview with a student who survived it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_FGWWg0ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muC_xAi7Wto

Others throughout the southeast weren't as fortunate. The last death count I heard was 50.

3 comments:

Laura K said...

Hi, I found your blog from Bizzy's blog. My parents live in Jackson on Addison Cove, which got hit very hard but skipped over their house. Also, my mom works at Union...is that the university where you work?

Nice blog! Check mine out: laurakatthebay.blogspot.com (brand new) and milehighstyle.blogspot.com (archives only)

keep up the good work.

L

Jeanna said...

Laura,

I read your blog. Very good -- I love Green Turtle Bay. Thanks for your words!

I work in Martin, so that should tell you what university! I don't want to spell in out in case I must vent about my job. However, I don't plan on doing so...don't want to be "dooced."

Jeanna said...

PS. So glad your parents' home was spared! Jackson looks like a war zone, I'm told.