Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another "B" post

As if my baby boy and bitches weren't enough fun for one week, hows about a little biopsy to tip the excitement meter to full throttle?

Here's the lowdown:

  • Mammogram in December
  • Results from Radiologist: "Come back in six months"
  • OB/GYN office calls Jan. 2: Advise second opinion
  • See boob man surgeon Jan. 14: Recommends biopsy
So, it was yesterday. How about that lidocaine they use to deaden your area of interest? First of all, it burns like shit! Second, deaden my ass. I'll go with injure, perhaps even critically. But dead? The loud pops, burning, pulling and pinching were freaking me out. This is in addition to the fact my breast is smooshed (yes, that is the correct term, why?) in the King of Mammogram machines for the entire time.

The weird part is that I've been smelling the lidocaine slowly being expelled from my body for the last 24 hours. And it doesn't smell very good.

This was a stereotactic biopsy, meaning you are awake and no scalpel. The surgeon just (just!?) bores a little hole down (deep down) into your tissue so that he can withdraw a sample of the tissue in question.

I am sore and bruised. I am taking prescriptions for antibiotics and hydrocodone, one I take twice a day and the other, not so often. Guess which? (Only a joke.)

I am back at work today. I get the results next Tuesday. I am scared. Curt is only three.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I think everything will turn out fine, Jeanna. My mother went through the same thing a few years ago, and it was benign.

Suzanne said...

Hang in there--you have a lotta love coming at you from the Bluegress State

ChristaD said...

I am sending thoughts of happiness and health to you. I have no doubt all will turn out well.

Tim said...

Merry meet Jeanna, wish it were in happier times. I linked through from Bizzyville. You have my thoughts and prayers for a favorable outcome. May the days that come bring greater peace.

Jeanna said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. I do appreciate it. Baby steps, baby steps.